Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Welcome to our family...

Yesterday we had the joy of going into the hospital to welcome a new member (niece/cousin) to our extended family. Welcome Charlotte!!!

In anticipation of her arrival I was inspired to make something a bit special. 
Saw this amazing blanket on Lioness Lady and was in love I just had to make one. I also consulted  The Royal Sisters who had a great pattern also.

Decided something this gorgeous needed to be made with something lovely and having a bit of left over Bendigo wool Bendigo it would be!! My mum is up[ that end of the world so put in an sos call to pop in and grab me a range of colours. ( At this point I started to get very excited!!)
When my wool arrived it was great but a lot of purple which was one colour I already had a bit of so whilst I started my blanket camping on our lovely Victorian coastline I decided I would do a small version for the new girl we were all looking forward to.
Here are the beginnings of a blanket for Charlotte.


And here is they finished product.

Very happy with how it all worked out now looking forward to finishing a larger version for us.

Whats got you excited lately??

5 comments:

  1. did they love it?? cos it's beautiful :) congrats too by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... well done you! It looks amazing! Can't wait to see your larger version ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls yes they loved it! Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so gorgeous judy! beautiful colours too!

    ReplyDelete